Apprentice Sports Turf Management / Greenkeeper – Cert III
4 Year Apprenticeship – Scone NSW
- Looking for career and not just a job
- Learn while you earn
- Unique Career Opportunity
Racing NSW is responsible for the leadership and regulation of thoroughbred horse racing in NSW including the provision of services for the training of apprentice and trainees in this state.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for jobseekers to gain a 4 year Apprenticeship in Cert III Apprentice Sports Turf Management & Greenkeeper with Racing NSW. The successful applicant will be part of a team focused on improving and managing racecourse surfaces, training tracks and facilities located in Scone, NSW.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a person passionate about turf management and green keeping. An understanding of the Australian racing industry is an advantage though not essential.
The positions will be based at various racecourses throughout NSW and the Salary package is based on experience.
To be successful in this role you:
- are vibrant, innovative and self-motivated
- have a strong work ethic and the ability to work on weekends as required
- participate in ongoing learning and be willing to learn new skills and techniques
- have good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- prepared to work with diverse range of individuals and groups
- current driver’s license
To learn in a 4-year apprenticeship all facets of sports turf management and racecourse curator
- Establish and implement a grassed area maintenance program
- Control weeds, plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Construct turf racing surfaces
- Install irrigation systems
- Contribute to WHS processes
- Operate machinery and equipment
- Implement a plant nutrition program
- Provide information on plants and their culture
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
Interested? Then we’re keen to hear from you.
Successful applicant will be part of a team focused on improving and managing racecourse surfaces, training tracks and facilities located in Scone, NSW.
The four-year apprenticeships cover all facets of sports turf management and becoming a racecourse curator.
To apply, please email your application/cover letter together with your resume, quoting “App Position Scone” to email@example.com – Applications close 4th September, 2017.
For further enquiries contact Heath Courtney (Scone Rae Club) 02 6545 1607 or David Hodgson (Racing NSW) 0400-088-844.
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.
Racing NSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer