Careers at Scone Race Club
The Scone Race Club prides itself on being an industry leader in thoroughbred racing, event management and entertainment.
Our team is passionate, dedicated and hard working, and lives and breathes the SRC’s cultural values of excellence, innovation, heritage and esteem.
Current Opportunities at SRC:
Race Track Maintenance Employee
An opportunity exists at the Scone Race Club within a passionate, professional and dedicated team promoting a premium brand in an exciting industry.
Reporting to the Track Manager, this permanent full-time position will be responsible for assisting in the ongoing maintenance and improvement of the racing and training centre at this premier facility.
It is anticipated the successful applicant will have the following skills and experience –
• Demonstrated experience in a similar role, preferably in turf maintenance.
• Ability to provide routine maintenance of turf, sand, and other training surfaces.
• Experience in operating plant and equipment-: including Tractors, Ride-on mowers, Brush-cutters and turf management equipment.
• General mechanical maintenance skills.
• Sound knowledge and practical experience in handling and spraying chemicals.
• Demonstrated experience with large scale irrigation systems.
• The ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to work flexible working hours including weekends as required.
• Sound verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Sound literacy and numeracy skills.
• Thoroughbred industry experience is preferred not essential
The Scone Race Club is an equal opportunity employer that offers a flexible and rewarding work environment.
Applications for the position close on Wednesday, 1st August 2018.
Please submit your application including C.V and Cover Letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org